We’re delighted to bring you the Lenzie Community Festival on Saturday 19th August 2023!
The festival will be a celebration for all of the community, with stalls, lots of fun activities, food and a parade running from Lenzie Train Station to Ingleside.
If you’d like to join us for the parade, please gather at the Old Bank car park at the train station at 11.45am. Children can wear their youth organisation uniform, or fancy dress – or just come as they are and join in the fun!
Stalls will be at venues throughout Lenzie – keep an eye on our facebook page for details.
- View children’s artwork across the venues
- Complete the Lenzie Community Festival Trail
- A variety of stalls will open from 11- 4.00 across Lenzie Old, Tower Nursery, Lenzie Union, Dean House and Ingleside
- Cafes will be available at Lenzie Old (10-12), St Cyprian’s (12.30-2.30pm) and Lenzie Union (12-4.30pm)
- Rasoi Pakora at the Old Bank Car Park
- Gather at the Old Bank Car Park at Lenzie Station at 11.45am
- A piper will lead the parade from Lenzie Station to Ingleside, arriving at around 12.30pm.
- Jordan Young will be appearing from 12.30pm!
- BBQ and Pizza from The Pheasant
- Lenzie Youth Champions Presentation
- Billington’s Bake Off winner presentation
- Children’s Races and Games with Sports Squad
- Children’s Bungee Trampoline
Events throughout Lenzie:
- 11am: Dance Boogie Fit in Lenzie Olf Church Hall
- 11am: Ballet class with Preston Clare at Lenzie Union New Hall. Book on Eventbrite
- 11am: Lego building competition at Dean House
- 12.45-1.45pm: Face Painting at Dean House
- 1pm: Ballet class with Preston Clare at Lenzie Union New Hall. Book on Eventbrite
- 1.30pm: Westerton Male Voice choir sings in St Cyprians
- 1.30pm: Dancing in Lenzie Union New Hall:
- 1.30pm: Rosebank Dancing School
- 1.50pm: JC Dance and Cheer School
- 2.10pm: Stewart School of Dance
- 2pm: Katy Angus sings at Lenzie Old
- 2pm: Myrtle Avenue Community Garden open
- 2.30pm: Yoga class at St Cyprians Hall – book on Eventbrite
- 2.30pm: David Brackenridge and Sharon Middleton sing in Lenzie Union New Hall
- 3pm: Singaloud Choir sings in Lenzie Old Church
- 4pm: Messy Church for all ages in Lenzie Union New Hall, games, crafts, activities
- 5pm: Matt Carmichael – Jazz Saxophonist and Fergus McCreadie, Pianist, in Lenzie Union Church. Book on Eventbrite
Across Lenzie, venues have opened their doors to this first Lenzie Community Festival and have generously agreed to give the community a home for a day.
Thank you to Lenzie Old, Lenzie Union, St Cyprian’s, EDC Ingleside, Rasoi, Tower Nursery
Bookable events and sessions
There are a few events that you need to book tickets for, just so that we can keep track of numbers. You can find these here:
The Lenzie Community Festival Map
The Lenzie Community Festival Trail
If you’d like to take part in the Lenzie Community Festival Trail – aimed at children between the ages of 3 – 12, but open to all – you can collect it from Billington’s or Dean House on the day, or download and print your copy before you head out!